What is a stretch mark: Stretch marks are a form of skin scarring, often showing discoloration. Stretch marks mostly happen as a result of skin stretching due to rapid growth or weight gain. They may also occur due to hormonal changes related to body building, puberty, pregnancy or any hormonal changes in the body. Stretch marks formed during pregnancy are usually found on the belly however it is not uncommon to find them on breasts, thighs, buttocks and lower back. In a nutshell, it affects the elasticity of the skin and makes the body lack visual appeal in places where they strike,click here to get rid of old stretch marks.
Pregnancy-related stretch marks, commonly seen in 60% to 90% of pregnancies, happen because of routine hormonal changes induced due to pregnancy and also due to the stretching that skin fibers are subjected to.
Are they Curable: though opinions are divided on the curability of stretch marks, market research and user feedback show that there are ways to get rid of old stretch marks. There are a few home remedies that are economical and are known to get rid of stretch marks fast.
- Potato juice: this is useful in getting rid of old stretch marks because it contains vitamins and minerals that stimulate growth and restoration of skin cells thereby lightening stretch marks.
- Sugar: with its natural exfoliation qualities, sugar is also a known cure for treating old stretch marks.
- Aloe Vera: the juice or gel of this amazing herb has medicinal properties that can heal stretch marks and also restore the elasticity of skin.
- Olive Oil: with the presence of good nutrients and antioxidants, olive oil also helps to get rid of stretch marks fast.
- Lemon Juice: Last but not the least, the good old juice of lemon is also one of the best ways to get rid of stretch marks.
- Drinking water not only helps to keep the body well hydrated but is also a great way to get rid of old stretch marks.
- Egg Whites: Another sure fire way to get rid of stretch marks fast is to use egg whites. A powerhouse of proteins, collagen and Vitamin A, egg whites are a trusted means of treating stretch marks and other skin issues.
These seem time consuming. Isn’t there a quick fix? Apart from home remedies, there are some prescription drugs that are known to get rid of old stretch marks. One can use oral supplements such a Vitamin C to get rid of stretch marks fast. Application of Vitamin E oil and a combination of glycolic and Retin-A also have proven beneficial in lightening stretch marks. However this should not be used by pregnant or lactating women.
For those who want to see faster results can opt for laser treatment options. The fractional or laser resurfacing treatment helps to get rid of old stretch marks fast while a vascular laser works best on fresh stretch marks. While most women want to get their youthful skin back, not many of them are willing to go as far as going under the surgeon’s knife. So for the brave hearts, abdominplasty, aka tummy tuck is the best option to get rid of old stretch marks fast and forever. Though this is the costliest of all treatment options and has a longer recovery window (ranging 4 to 6 weeks), this has many takers like women who want to get rid their stretch marks fast. But like all good things in life, there’s a small price to pay as abdominoplasty, like any other surgery brings its share of complications.
With growing fashion sense women across the globe are more and more eager to get rid of the tiger stripes. Surgeries and creams can be quick fixes but there is nothing like a well balanced nutritious diet and an active lifestyle that can not only control the appearance of stretch marks but can also help them disappear over time.